I’ve been ‘tagged’ to answer a series of questions by a friend, so I will.
Four Jobs I have had:
- Dustbinman and street cleaner in the Midlands: I’ve eaten lunch sitting next to a very dead sheep and been hit by juice from an exploding cat. It was very ‘character building’.
- Multimedia Content Coordinator in the North East: I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe.
- Systems Administrator in the North East: Learned a lot, found I was prevented from using much of what I learned.
- Systems Administrator in the North West: I can now use what I’ve learned, and learn more. A near perfect job, I love it.
Four Movies I could watch over and over:
- ‘Princess Mononoke’. Try to see with eyes unclouded.
- ‘Fong Sai Yuk’. Jet Li’s finest.
- ‘Star Wars Episode 4’. (Fortunately for domestic harmony) With Han shooting first.
- The Matrix. I know, I know… but it has hidden subtlety and skillful violence. Really.
Four Places I have lived:
- Warwickshire. Grew up in a large rural village. The county of Shakespeare, George Eliot, Tolkien. All dead. Probably not as bad as I thought it was.
- Manchester. A dirty and exciting city. First lived here as a student, then returned 12 years later.
- Missouri. Stayed with my girlfriend’s family. It’s a nice place with nice people.
- Newcastle upon Tyne. Lived in a nice street in a less than nice area, it’s greatly improving since I left. I miss the fresh air of Newcastle, and the great people I worked with.
Four TV shows I love to watch:
- ‘Channel 4 News’
- ‘Ultraviolet’ (short-lived 90s series, but still the best ever TV vampires)
Four places I have been on vacation:
- Lyme Regis, South West UK
- Keswick, Lake District, UK
- Kristiansand, Norway
- Chicago, USA
Four blogs I visit daily:
I use RSS feeds so I don’t really visit them daily, but these spring to mind:
Four favorite foods:
- Dark chocolate.
- Rooibosch tea
- Fried tempeh (any fried edible plant really. Aubergine. Chillis. Doughnuts.)
Four Places I would Rather Be:
I can’t really answer this one. Here more?
Four Albums I can‚Äôt live without: I could live without all albums, but here’s four I like:
- The Orb’s Adventures Beyond The Ultraworld, The Orb
- A Collection of Great Dance Songs, Pink Floyd
- Drukqs, Aphex Twin
- Converting Vegetarians, Infected Mushroom
Four Vehicles I have owned:
- A large red pedal-powered pickup truck, with a little crane thing I think.
- A very heavy wooden sledge.
- A very, very heavy wooden go-kart (the sort with pram wheels)
- A raft that I helped build, and which sank mid-journey.
At this point I should ‘tag’ four other bloggers I know. Unfortunately the only two I know well are the ones who passed this to me, so this is a leaf node. It goes no further. Just like me.